- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (27 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/2 inches (24.1 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/16 × 9 7/16 inches (15.4 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.267"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Picturesque Views in England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "59"
Lettererd, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Brinkburn Priory | Northumberland. | London, Published 1832, for the Proprietor, by Moon, Boys & Graves, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C.Varrall. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | priory | river
- Associated Places:
- Brinkburn Mill | Brinkburn Priory | Coquet | England | Northumberland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by J. C. Varrall, active 1815–1827, Brinkburn Priory, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.