Carew Castle, Pembroke
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 15/16 inches (27.9 × 37.9 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 × 12 inches (25.2 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 3/16 × 9 1/2 inches (15.7 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in grapihte, lower left: "R.275"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "67"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawing by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Carew Castle | Pembroke. | London, Published 1834, by Moon, Boys & Graves, 6, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Miller. | Printed by Mc.Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Carew | Carew Castle | Pembroke | Pembrokeshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Carew Castle, Pembroke, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.