The Tower of London
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- 3 9/16 × 5 13/16 inches (9 × 14.8 cm) and 3 × 4 5/8 inches (7.6 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.318"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Literary [Jouvani] - 1832 print from the book"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "THE TOWER OF LONDON"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Miller"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cityscape | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- London | Thames | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, The Tower of London, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.