The Triumph of Cupid: A Reverie
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 5/8 x 6 1/2 inches (24.5 x 16.5 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 x 4 7/8 inches (21.5 x 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Cruikshank - Etched by himself."
Lettered, upper center: "The TRIUMPH of CUPID."; lower center: "George Cruikshank | A REVERIE! | Ex Fumo dare Lucem."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chariots | clocks | dog (animal) | figures | fireplace | genre subject | hallucination | hearts | illustration | imagination | killing | love | painting (visual work) | pipes | pirates | smoke | smoking (activity) | wheels | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Triumph of Cupid: A Reverie, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.