- The Triumph of Cupid: A Reverie
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 6 1/2 inches (24.5 x 16.5 cm) and Image: 8 7/16 x 4 7/8 inches (21.5 x 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Cruikshank - Etched by himself."
Lettered, upper center: "The TRIUMPH of CUPID."; lower center: "George Cruikshank | A REVERIE! | Ex Fumo dare Lucem."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chariots | clocks | dog (animal) | figures | fireplace | genre subject | hallucination | hearts | illustration | imagination | killing | love | painting (visual work) | pipes | pirates | smoke | smoking | wheels | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Triumph of Cupid: A Reverie, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.