IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Peacocks, 1905
- Additional Title(s):
Two Peacocks Standing Near Creeping Foliage
- Etching and drypoint on medium, smooth, beige parchment
- Sheet: 9 x 12 1/16 inches (22.9 x 30.7 cm), Plate: 3 1/8 x 6 9/16 inches (8 x 16.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Peacocks (landscape) P.748"; on back, lower left: "1891L"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "M. D. | & J. D."; lower right: "E. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | branches | landscape | leaves | morning | peacocks (birds) | sunlight | sunrise | trees | vines
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.