- Additional Title(s):
Two Peacocks Standing Near Creeping Foliage
- Etching and drypoint on medium, smooth, beige parchment
- Sheet: 9 x 12 1/16 inches (22.9 x 30.7 cm) and Plate (to image): 3 1/8 x 6 9/16 inches (8 x 16.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Peacocks (landscape) P.748"; on back, lower left: "1891L"
signed in graphite, lower left: "M. D. | & J. D."; lower right: "E. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | branches | landscape | leaves | morning | peacocks (birds) | sunlight | sunrise | trees | vines
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Peacocks, 1905
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.