- Etching with colored ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 10 1/8 inches (34.2 x 25.7 cm) and Plate: 10 1/4 x 6 15/16 inches (26 x 17.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "16972"; on back, lower right: "Phoenix E. Detmold"
stamped in blue ink, on back, lower right: "02805"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, in monogram: "EJD"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Edward. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | dandelion | feathers | floral motif | hawk | ornament | sunlight | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Phoenix, 1899
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.