- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- 6 1/8 × 9 5/16 inches (15.6 × 23.7 cm) and 3 15/16 × 5 11/16 inches (10 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.328 (reprint"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "The Keepsake 1833 - This is the reprint in Heath Gallery of British Engravings 1836"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Ehrenbreitstein. | London, Published by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.