- Drypoint on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 1/8 inches (40.4 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (25.3 x 14.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches (21.3 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "P2030 E1911"; lower center: "General Capper"; lower right: "75-I"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "DODD | 1919 | II"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Francis Dodd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Edward Ingraham, Yale BA 1910, in memory of Carl A. Lohmann, Yale BA 1910, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | badges of honor | belt | costume | general | man | moustache | portrait | sash | uniform
- Associated People:
- Capper, Sir John Edward (1861–1955), army officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Dodd, 1874–1949, British, General Capper, 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.