IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francis Dodd, 1874–1949, British, General Capper, 1919
- Drypoint on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 1/8 inches (40.4 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (25.3 x 14.6 cm), Image: 8 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches (21.3 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "P2030 E1911"; lower center: "General Capper"; lower right: "75-I"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "DODD | 1919 | II"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Francis Dodd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Edward Ingraham, Yale BA 1910, in memory of Carl A. Lohmann, Yale BA 1910, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | badges of honor | belt | costume | general | man | moustache | portrait | sash | uniform
- Associated People:
- Capper, Sir John Edward (1861–1955), army officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.