- General Capper
- Drypoint on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 1/8 inches (40.4 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (25.3 x 14.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches (21.3 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "P2030 E1911"; lower center: "General Capper"; lower right: "75-I"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "DODD | 1919 | II"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Francis Dodd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Edward Ingraham, Yale BA 1910, in memory of Carl A. Lohmann, Yale BA 1910, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | badges of honor | belt | costume | general | man | moustache | portrait | sash | uniform
- Associated People:
- Capper, Sir John Edward (1861–1955), army officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Dodd, 1874–1949, British, General Capper, 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.