- Additional Title(s):
Lady Hamilton as Nature
Lady Hamilton as Sensibility
- Color-printed stipple engraving and etching with hand coloring in watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 12 3/8 × 9 5/8 inches (31.5 × 24.5 cm) and 12 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (31.1 × 24.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Richard EARLOM (aft. Geo. Romney): "Sensibility" (Lady Hamilton)"; lower center: "Emma Hart, Lady Hamilton | Romney | Lady Hamilton as Nature"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | gesture | gown | headscarf | hills | landscape | muslin | pedestal | personification | reaching | religious and mythological subject | robe | sash | trees | urn | woman
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Sensibility, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.