The Royal Naval School at New Cross
- Additional Title(s):
This View of the Royal Naval School at New Cross is with Permission Dedicated to Her Most Gracious Majesty the Queen, by Her Majesty's most Humble Servant, Thomas Rowbotham
- Hand-colored lithograph on moderately thick cream card
- 14 1/16 x 18 3/4 inches (35.7 x 47.7 cm) and 10 9/16 x 16 inches (26.8 x 40.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "T. Rowbotham del, __ T. T. Bury Lith:"; lower center under image: "J. Shaw Architect"; lower right under image: "Day & Haghe Lith.ers to the Queen"; lower center: "(Royal crest splits the center text) THIS VIEW OF THE ROYAL NAVAL SCHOOL AT NEW CROSS. | IS WITH PERMISSION DEDICATED TO | Her Most Gracious Majesty the Queen. | By Her Majesty's most humble servant, | Thomas Rowbotham | London, ACKERMAN & Co 96 Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | building | carriage | crest | cupola | fences | field | gate | grass | horsemen | horses (animals) | men | navy | Royal Navy | school | stone | sunlight | trees | umbrellas | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Lewisham | New Cross | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Talbot Bury, 1811–1877, British, The Royal Naval School at New Cross, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.