- View of a Portico by the Side of a River, with Herdsmen and Cattle
- Mezzotint and etching, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 x 16 5/16 inches (28 x 41.5 cm), Plate: 8 3/16 x 10 1/8 inches (20.8 x 25.7 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 10 1/8 inches (18.8 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right:"Proof | Ml ff | 750"
Collector's mark: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Scratched lettering below image: "Claude le Lorrain delint | No. 23 | Published April 25th. 1774 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside | R. Earlom Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Theodore Sizer
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | colonnade | columns (architectural elements) | flute (aerophone) | genre subject | gesture | goats | grazing | hat | hills | leisure | marine art | men | music | pastoral | peasants | pillars | pointing | reeds | river | riverbanks | ruins | rural | sheep | shepherds | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, View of a Portico by the Side of a River, with Herdsmen and Cattle, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.