- Additional Title(s):
Liber Veritatis Volume III, No. 7
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and etching, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 16 5/8 inches (27.8 x 42.2 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 8 11/16 inches (16.4 x 22 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 7 7/8 inches (14.3 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude delt. | No. 7."; lower center: "Pub. Jany. 20. 1802, by J. & J. Boydell, No. 90, Cheapside, & at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall Mall. | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of R,, P,, Knight. Esqr."; lower right: "R. Earlom sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anvil (tool) | arches | blacksmiths | cave | chiton | columns (architectural elements) | cyclopes | forge | forging (metal forming) | gesture | gods | hammers (tools) | helmet | labor | men | mythology | pickup tongs | pillars | pointing | religious and mythological subject | smithy | spear | staff (walking stick) | the Cyclopes forging | throne | toga | tools | tunic | Vulcan in his smithy | weapons | wings | workers | working
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Vulcan's Forge, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.