- Additional Title(s):
Liber Veritatis Volume III, No. 7
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and etching, printed in brown ink on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 10 15/16 x 16 5/8 inches (27.8 x 42.2 cm), 6 7/16 x 8 11/16 inches (16.4 x 22 cm), and 5 5/8 x 7 7/8 inches (14.3 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude delt. | No. 7."; lower center: "Pub. Jany. 20. 1802, by J. & J. Boydell, No. 90, Cheapside, & at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall Mall. | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of R,, P,, Knight. Esqr."; lower right: "R. Earlom sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anvil (tool) | arches | blacksmiths | cave | chiton | columns (architectural elements) | cyclopes | forge | forging (metal forming) | gesture | gods | hammers (tools) | helmet | labor | men | mythology | pickup tongs | pillars | pointing | religious and mythological subject | smithy | spear | staff (walking stick) | the Cyclopes forging | throne | toga | tools | tunic | Vulcan in his smithy | weapons | wings | workers | working
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Vulcan's Forge, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.