- Landscape with Ruins
- Etching and mezzotint in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 16 5/8 inches (26.8 x 42.2 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 11 1/8 inches (21.5 x 28.3 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 x 10 1/16 inches (19.3 x 25.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Claude Lorraine delin | 85"; lower center: "Pub May 1, 1817, by Boydell & Co. N 90, Cheapside, London. | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of the Duke of Devonshire."; lower right: "R. Earlom Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | architectural subject | bridge (built work) | castle | columns (architectural elements) | figure | fortress | goats | grazing | landscape | pillars | river | road | rowboat | ruins | temple | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, Landscape with Ruins, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.