A Study, with Ancient Ruins
- Additional Title(s):
Liber Veritatis Volume III, No. 70
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching printed in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 16 15/16 x 10 3/8 inches (43 x 26.4 cm), 9 3/16 x 6 inches (23.4 x 15.2 cm), and 8 1/2 x 5 11/16 inches (21.6 x 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "5t"
unidentified collector's stamp, in gray ink, on back, center: "PK(?)"
Lettered in brown ink, within image, lower left: "Claude Corci fe"; lower left: "Claude delint. | No: 70"; lower center: "Pub. Decr. 1. 1810, by Boydell & Co. No. 90, Cheapside, London. | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of C. Lambert Esqr."; lower right: "R. Earlom sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Bequest of Ralph Kirkpatrick, Yale MA (HON.) 1965
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | ruins | stairs | steps | trees | wall
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Study, with Ancient Ruins, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.