A Study, with Ancient Ruins
- Additional Title(s):
Liber Veritatis Volume III, No. 70
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching printed in brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 15/16 x 10 3/8 inches (43 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 x 6 inches (23.4 x 15.2 cm), and Image: 8 1/2 x 5 11/16 inches (21.6 x 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "5t"
unidentified collector's stamp, in gray ink, on back, center: "PK(?)"
Lettered in brown ink, within image, lower left: "Claude Corci fe"; lower left: "Claude delint. | No: 70"; lower center: "Pub. Decr. 1. 1810, by Boydell & Co. No. 90, Cheapside, London. | From the Original Drawing in the Collection of C. Lambert Esqr."; lower right: "R. Earlom sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Bequest of Ralph Kirkpatrick, Yale MA (HON.) 1965
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | ruins | stairs | steps | trees | wall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Earlom, 1743–1822, British, A Study, with Ancient Ruins, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.