IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, ( James Fagan ), On the Beach, 1893
On the Beach
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 18 inches (35.6 x 45.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 12 15/16 inches (22.3 x 32.8 cm), Image: 7 1/2 x 11 13/16 inches (19 x 30 cm)
Lettered, lower right inside image: "Jas Fagan | 93"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boardwalk | buildings | cityscape | clouds | coast | daughters | dresses | flags | genre subject | hats | lampposts | marine art | men | mothers | ocean | sand | ships | steamboats | tourists | trees | Victorian | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.