Henrietta Maria Regina
- Part Of:
- ca. 1655
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/16 x 3 1/8 inches (12.8 x 8 cm), Plate: 4 11/16 x 2 13/16 inches (11.9 x 7.1 cm), Image: 3 3/8 x 2 11/16 inches (8.6 x 6.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "ixx/"; lettered on mount: "This print fetched | £16 in Addington sale | 1st state - before all letters, Proof W.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of John Hay Whitney
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- broche | collar | curls | dress | frontispiece (illustration) | gaze | illustration | mourning | oval | pin | portrait | posing | princess | queen (person) | veil
- Associated People:
- Henrietta Maria [Princess Henrietta Maria of France] (1609–1669), queen of England, Scotland, and Ireland, consort of Charles I
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Faithorne, ca. 1620–1691, British, Henrietta Maria Regina, ca. 1655
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.