Thomas Malton, the Younger
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 3/8 x 10 5/16 inches (34 x 26.2 cm) and Image: 11 1/2 x 9 11/16 inches (29.2 x 24.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Gab. Stuart pinxt."; lower center under image: "Published Jan.y 1st. 1806, by John P. Thompson, Great Newport Street, Printseller to his Majesty, & the Duke & Duchess of York | Mr,, Thomas Malton, | Author of the Picturesque Tour thro' London _ Views of Oxford, &. &."; lower right: "Wm,, Barney sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | engraver (printmaker) | man | painter | portrait | publisher | stock | teacher | vest
- Associated People:
- Malton,Thomas, the younger (1751/2–1804), architectural draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Whiston Barney, active 1805–1817, British, Thomas Malton, the Younger, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.