Expectations (Evening Thou Bringest All)
- ca. 1805
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 13 5/8 inches (22.8 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "9/ | 7RC/II"; center right: "3031"; lower center: "5658 (underlined)"
Marked in purple ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Maison F. A. C. PRESTEL; center, in brown ink, collector's stamp: Dr. Jul Hofmann Wein
Lettered, lower left inside image: "(Greek lettering, printed in reverse)"; lower left below image: "LONDON printed from a Pen & Ink drawing on stone at the polyautographic office, No.9 Buckingham Place, Fitzroy Square.~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Everett V. Meeks, B.A. 1901, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | couch | curtains | dress | evening | flowers (plants) | gaze | genre subject | gesturing | lover | pillows | ribbons (costume accessories) | sitting | turning | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), Expectations (Evening Thou Bringest All), ca. 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.