Expectations (Evening Thou Bringest All)
- ca. 1805
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 13 5/8 inches (22.8 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "9/ | 7RC/II"; center right: "3031"; lower center: "5658 (underlined)"
Marked in purple ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Maison F. A. C. PRESTEL; center, in brown ink, collector's stamp: Dr. Jul Hofmann Wein
Lettered, lower left inside image: "(Greek lettering, printed in reverse)"; lower left below image: "LONDON printed from a Pen & Ink drawing on stone at the polyautographic office, No.9 Buckingham Place, Fitzroy Square.~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Everett V. Meeks, B.A. 1901, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelets | couch | curtains | dress | evening | flowers (plants) | gaze | genre subject | gesturing | lover | pillows | ribbons (costume accessories) | sitting | turning | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), Expectations (Evening Thou Bringest All), ca. 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.