- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 8 5/8 inches (18.5 x 21.9 cm), Plate: 5 3/16 x 7 1/8 inches (13.1 x 18.1 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 7 1/8 inches (12.5 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "\ ? L ?"; on back, lower left: "e4658 | as-"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: ""It flows through Old hushed Egypt and its sands, Like some grave mighty thought threading a dream" Leigh Hunt Assouan 1897- R. Goff"
signed in graphite, lower right: "R G. [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | sailboats
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.