Derwentwater from Ashness Bridge
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 10 9/16 inches (39.5 x 26.9 cm) and Plate (to image): 8 1/2 x 7 7/16 inches (21.6 x 18.9 cm)
stamped in purple ink, lower left: "13442"; collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, center, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "DERWENT WATER | FROM ASHNESS BRIDGE | RG"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Reginald Green"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | lake | landscape | mountains | river | sailboat | stream | trees
- Associated Places:
- Ashness Bridge | Borrowdale | Cumbria | Derwent Water | England | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Reginald Green, active 1910–1955, Derwentwater from Ashness Bridge, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.