Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate)
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Lord Harrington's House from Kensington Gardens
L'Habitation de Lord Harrington Vue des Jardins de Kensington
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 6 5/8 inches (21.6 x 16.9 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.8 x 11.7 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.8 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7"
Marked in black ink, lower left below image: "FSH" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Francis Seymour Haden)
Lettered lower center within image: "Kensington Seymour Haden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | chimneys | cityscape | garden | grass | hedge | house | landscape | lawn | palace | path | shadows | trees | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hyde Park | Kensington | Kensington Gardens | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate), 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.