Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate)
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Lord Harrington's House from Kensington Gardens
L'Habitation de Lord Harrington Vue des Jardins de Kensington
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 6 5/8 inches (21.6 x 16.9 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.8 x 11.7 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 4 5/8 inches (15.8 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7"
Marked in black ink, lower left below image: "FSH" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Francis Seymour Haden)
Lettered lower center within image: "Kensington Seymour Haden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | chimneys | cityscape | garden | grass | hedge | house | landscape | lawn | palace | path | shadows | trees | turret | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hyde Park | Kensington | Kensington Gardens | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kensington Gardens, no. 1 (small plate), 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.