- Additional Title(s):
River Landscape with Two Boats
Egham, sur la Tamise
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 14 1/8 inches (23.5 x 35.8 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 7 15/16 inches (12.6 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 7 15/16 inches (12.6 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] [...] rare proof printed in 1859. by Delatre"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "14 | 4007" ("4007" encircled); inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Egham - D. 14 | 2d. State."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[?U5]"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "F S Haden 1859."; lettered lower right within image (in reverse): "Egham"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | boats | dinghies | jetty (building division) | landscape | mooring | posts | reeds | reflections | river | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Egham | England | Europe | Surrey | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.