Out of Study Window
- Additional Title(s):
Vue prise de la Maison de M. Seymour-Haden dans Sloane-Street Londres vu de l'Atelier de M. Haden
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- 5 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (14.1 x 28.5 cm), 4 3/16 x 10 3/16 inches (10.7 x 25.9 cm), and 4 3/16 x 10 3/16 inches (10.7 x 25.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 645 M"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Theodore Martin Coll."
Watermarked, center: a shield shape bearing a fleur-de-lis, with the initials "L V [?G]" below
Lettered lower left within image: "Out of Study Window. | H"; lettered lower right within image: "S. Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna Jr., BA 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | city | cityscape | clouds | distance | landscape | rooftops | sky | skyline | spires | steeples | towers | trees
- Associated Places:
- Brompton | Chelsea | England | Europe | Kensington | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Out of Study Window, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.