IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Water Meadow, 1859
A Water Meadow
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/16 x 12 inches (24 x 30.5 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.5 cm), Image: 5 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | meadow | reeds | reflections | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Romsey | Test | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.