The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings
- Additional Title(s):
Early Morning, Richmond
Richmond, July 13, 1859
Une Terrasse, dans le Parc de Richmond
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 13 3/16 inches (21 x 33.5 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm)
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower right within image (on tree): "To Dasha"; lettered lower left within image: "The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | distance | landscape | morning | park (grounds) | path | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Richmond | Richmond Park | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.