- The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 13 3/16 inches (21 x 33.5 cm), Plate: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 10 7/8 inches (11.2 x 27.7 cm)
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower right within image (on tree): "To Dasha"; lettered lower left within image: "The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"(partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | distance | landscape | morning | park (grounds) | path | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Richmond | Richmond Park | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Lark at Heaven's Gate Sings, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.