Kensington Gardens, no. 2 (large plate)
- Former Title(s):
A Study in Kensington Gardens
- Additional Title(s):
Kensington Gardens, the large plate
Étude d'Arbres dans les Jardins de Kensington
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 3/16 x 12 1/2 inches (43.6 x 31.7 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 4 15/16 inches (20.2 x 12.6 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 4 15/16 inches (20.2 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "A Study in Kensington Gardens | Seymour Haden F R C S"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H28II"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1965.33.618"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1860"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cityscape | grass | landscape | leaves | light | park (grounds) | shadows | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hyde Park | Kensington | Kensington Gardens | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Kensington Gardens, no. 2 (large plate), 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.