A Byroad in Tipperary
- Additional Title(s):
La Route qui Traverse la Forêt
- Etching and drypoint, retouched with graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 x 11 1/4 inches (14.5 x 28.6 cm), Plate: 5 11/16 x 11 3/16 inches (14.4 x 28.4 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 11 3/16 inches (14.4 x 28.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right within image: "[?In] [...]."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a 43535 | K 7547"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written upside down: "392"
Watermarked, center on back (for the text to be read the correct way around): design comprising a crown and a shield emblazoned with the letters "HP", below which is written "HALLIN[...]"; marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1860"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cart | landscape | leaves | light | road | shade | shadows | track | trees | trunks | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Byroad in Tipperary, 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.