A Byroad in Tipperary
- Additional Title(s):
La Route qui Traverse la Forêt
- Etching and drypoint, retouched with graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 x 11 1/4 inches (14.5 x 28.6 cm), Plate: 5 11/16 x 11 3/16 inches (14.4 x 28.4 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 11 3/16 inches (14.4 x 28.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right within image: "[?In] [...]."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a 43535 | K 7547"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written upside down: "392"
Watermarked, center on back (for the text to be read the correct way around): design comprising a crown and a shield emblazoned with the letters "HP", below which is written "HALLIN[...]"; marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1860"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cart | landscape | leaves | light | road | shade | shadows | track | trees | trunks | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Byroad in Tipperary, 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.