The Holly Field
- Additional Title(s):
Une Allée à Shere
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 x 6 9/16 inches (10.5 x 16.7 cm), Plate: 2 x 4 15/16 inches (5.1 x 12.6 cm), and Image: 2 x 4 15/16 inches (5.1 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "79"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "8258 ."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "33I"
Watermarked, upper left: "[...]" (cut off at edge of sheet)
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard C. Morse
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- distance | holly | landscape | light | shadow | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shere | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.