Shere Mill Pond, no. 2 (large plate)
- Former Title(s):
Shere Mill Pond
- Additional Title(s):
L'Étang au Canard
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 13 7/8 inches (20.9 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 13 1/16 inches (17.6 x 33.1 cm), Image: 6 15/16 x 13 1/16 inches (17.6 x 33.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "1s. st."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "399 80"
Lettered lower left within image: "Shere"; lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden . 1860"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Yale Stevens from her father's (Richard Sharpe V, B.S. 1873) Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | barns | bird | buildings | chimney | duck | houses | landscape | mill | plants | pond | reeds | reflections | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Shere | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Shere Mill Pond, no. 2 (large plate), 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.