Amstelodamum, no. 1
- Former Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, printed with black ink and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 4 13/16 x 5 1/2 inches (12.3 x 14 cm), 4 x 4 3/4 inches (10.1 x 12 cm), and 4 x 4 3/4 inches (10.1 x 12 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C 20544"
Lettered upper right within image: "S Haden 1863"; lettered center within image: "HIC TERMINUS HAERET."; lettered lower right within image: "AMSTELODAMUM."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Dr. M.J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V, B.S. 1873, Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | boats | buildings | city | cityscape | distance | harbour | marine art | masts | port | rooftops | sea | sky | spires | text | towers | water
- Associated Places:
- Amsterdam | Europe | Noord-Holland | The Netherlands
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Amstelodamum, no. 1, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.