Amstelodamum, no. 1
- Former Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, printed with black ink and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 13/16 x 5 1/2 inches (12.3 x 14 cm), Plate: 4 x 4 3/4 inches (10.1 x 12 cm), and Image: 4 x 4 3/4 inches (10.1 x 12 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C 20544"
Lettered upper right within image: "S Haden 1863"; lettered center within image: "HIC TERMINUS HAERET."; lettered lower right within image: "AMSTELODAMUM."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Dr. M.J. Sharpe for the Richard Sharpe V, B.S. 1873, Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | boats | buildings | city | cityscape | distance | harbour | marine art | masts | port | rooftops | sea | sky | spires | text | towers | water
- Associated Places:
- Amsterdam | Europe | Noord-Holland | The Netherlands
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Amstelodamum, no. 1, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.