- Additional Title(s):
A River's Bank
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 x 6 7/16 inches (18 x 16.4 cm), Plate: 6 x 5 1/2 inches (15.2 x 13.9 cm), and Image: 6 x 5 1/2 inches (15.2 x 13.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R479 K"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "First state, before the Title."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "<A33517>"; inscribed in graphite, lower center on back, written vertically downwards: "[?on]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back, written vertically upwards: "33"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "R479K"
Marked in green ink, lower right on back: "LCH" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Léonard Colton Hanna Jr)
Signed in graphite, lower left below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Leonard C. Hanna, B.A. 1910
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | foliage | grass | landscape | leaves | reeds | reflections | river | sky | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.