IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Sunset in Ireland, 1863
Sunset in Ireland
- Additional Title(s):
A Sunset in Tipperary
Rivière dans un Parc Irlandais
Coucher du Soleil dans un Parc, en Irlande
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 11 1/8 inches (20 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.3 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite in Francis Seymour Haden's hand, lower left to lower center below image: "very Early | Sunset in Ireland"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "a 21024"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "E7.636- 1500"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden .1863"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | country house | foliage | grass | landscape | park (grounds) | reeds | river | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.