Sunset in Ireland
- Additional Title(s):
A Sunset in Tipperary
Rivière dans un Parc Irlandais
Coucher du Soleil dans un Parc, en Irlande
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thin, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 11 1/8 inches (20 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.3 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite in Francis Seymour Haden's hand, lower left to lower center below image: "very Early | Sunset in Ireland"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "a 21024"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "E7.636- 1500"
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden .1863"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated (however, "very Early" is written in graphite in Francis Seymour Haden's hand, lower left below image)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | birds | country house | foliage | grass | landscape | park (grounds) | reeds | river | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland | Tipperary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Sunset in Ireland, 1863
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.