IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Battersea Reach, 1863
- Additional Title(s):
La Tamise, à Battersea
La Tamise à Old Chelsea
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 9 7/8 inches (16.8 x 25.1 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 x 8 15/16 inches (15.1 x 22.7 cm), Image: 5 15/16 x 8 15/16 inches (15.1 x 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ba883"; inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "1965.118.13"
Watermarked, center: design consisting of a horn emblazoned on a shield-type shape, and the letters "VG"
Lettered upper right within image: "Battersea Reach Seymour Haden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | barge | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | cat | chimneys | city | cityscape | genre subject | hot air balloon | masts | men | railroad | railway | river | rooftops | sailing | sails | smoke
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | Chelsea | England | Europe | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.