- Newcastle Emlyn
- Etching and drypoint on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 x 8 7/16 inches (15.3 x 21.5 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 5 15/16 inches (11.4 x 15.1 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 x 5 15/16 inches (11.4 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No 56"; inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "[?E] [...] - D56 | Trial proof a. | House of the Smith"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered upper right within image: "Newcastle Emlyn 17 Aug 1864 S. Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | banks | blacksmith | buildings | cart | clouds | coracle | fisherman | fishing rod | house | iron | landscape | man | meteorology | pig | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sign | smithy | trees | wagon | water | weather | wheel
- Associated Places:
- Carmarthenshire | Cymru | Europe | Newcastle Emlyn | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Newcastle Emlyn, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.