- Additional Title(s):
Le Bac de Brentford, sur la Tamise
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 x 9 13/16 inches (17.8 x 25 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 9/16 inches (13.9 x 21.7 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 9/16 inches (13.9 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "-Unpublished State-"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "No.54 H.75."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?3]"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered upper left within image: "To Whistler"; lettered lower left to lower center within image: "Brentford Ferry - Seymour Haden 1864"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | distance | figures | foliage | landscape | people | posts | props | reflections | river | shore (landform) | struts | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Brentford | England | Europe | Greater London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.