- Additional Title(s):
Le Bac de Brentford, sur la Tamise
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 x 9 13/16 inches (17.8 x 25 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 9/16 inches (13.9 x 21.7 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 9/16 inches (13.9 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "-Unpublished State-"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "No.54 H.75."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?3]"
Marked in blue ink, lower left on back: "HM" stamped in monogram (this is the collector's mark of Howard Mansfield)
Lettered upper left within image: "To Whistler"; lettered lower left to lower center within image: "Brentford Ferry - Seymour Haden 1864"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | distance | figures | foliage | landscape | people | posts | props | reflections | river | shore (landform) | struts | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Brentford | England | Europe | Greater London | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.