- The Towing Path
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 x 10 5/16 inches (20.1 x 26.2 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.2 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.2 cm)
Lettered upper right within image: "Seymour Haden 1864"; lettered lower left within image: "<Hampton Court>"; lettered lower right within image: "The Towing Path"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | canal | cape | cloak | distance | dog (animal) | dress | figures | foliage | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | path | reeds | reflections | river | shore (landform) | trees | walking | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- East Molesey | England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Towing Path, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.