IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Sunset on the Thames, 1865
Sunset on the Thames
- Additional Title(s):
Coucher de Soleil sur la Tamise
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 3/8 inches (19.7 x 26.3 cm), Plate: 5 5/16 x 8 3/8 inches (13.5 x 21.3 cm), Image: 5 5/16 x 8 3/8 inches (13.5 x 21.3 cm)
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden [...] [...] 186[...]" (date obscured at the edge of the plate)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | barges | boats | buildings | cityscape | clouds | landscape | marine art | masts | reflections | river | sails | seaman | shadows | shorelines | sun | sunset | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.