Cottages behind Horsley's House
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 13 1/16 inches (21.6 x 33.1 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (17.4 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (17.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "16"; inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "D. [?98]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "16499"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "2.403 - ex"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[?rh]-"; inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "1965.118.20"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "Trial d"
Watermarked, center: "[...]"
Lettered lower left within image: "Cottages behind Horsleys. [sic] House S Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden" (partially underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | architectural subject | bull | chimneys | clouds | cottages | cow | ducks | fence | field | gate | geese | grass | grazing | hedge | hens | horse (animal) | houses | landscape | pasture | roofs | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cranbrook | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Cottages behind Horsley's House, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.