IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Cottages behind Horsley's House, 1865
Cottages behind Horsley's House
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 13 1/16 inches (21.6 x 33.1 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (17.4 x 25.1 cm), Image: 6 7/8 x 9 7/8 inches (17.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "16"; inscribed in graphite, lower left below image: "D. [?98]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "16499"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "2.403 - ex"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[?rh]-"; inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "1965.118.20"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "Trial d"
Watermarked, center: "[...]"
Lettered lower left within image: "Cottages behind Horsleys. [sic] House S Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | architectural subject | bull | chimneys | clouds | cottages | cow | ducks | fence | field | gate | geese | grass | grazing | hedge | hens | horse (animal) | houses | landscape | pasture | roofs | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cranbrook | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.