The Two Sheep
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 13 3/8 inches (25 x 33.9 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 6 inches (11.4 x 15.2 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 x 6 inches (11.4 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1st State before rabbit was erased"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back, written vertically upwards: "ox xv" ("v" underlined); inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "a 45897"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "51.16.40"
Watermarked, upper right
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour Haden 1870"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | boat | distance | figure | foliage | grass | hare | hills | landscape | rabbit | river | shadows | sheep | trees | valley
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.