- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 7 5/8 x 11 1/2 inches (19.4 x 29.2 cm), 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.3 cm), and 5 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches (13.9 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "143"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H.M."
Watermarked, center: representation of a bell
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden"
Signed in graphite, lower left below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | burin | craftsmanship | drypoint | engraving | figure study | genre subject | graver | hands | holding | plate | sleeves | surface | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Hands Drypointing, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.