- The Terrace, Cintra
- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 11 7/8 inches (20.6 x 30.1 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (14.9 x 22.4 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (14.9 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper right, written vertically downwards: "3i2"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?The] T[...] | 7."; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "<0> | 3. 3. 0"
Watermarked, center: heraldic design
Lettered lower left within image: "Seymour. Haden_ 1877"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "Seymour Haden"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alley | architectural subject | foliage | gourds | leaves | masonry | path | pumpkin | rocks (landforms) | shade | shadow | squash | stone | terrace | trees | trellis | vine | wall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, The Terrace, Cintra, 1877
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.