Harlech, no. 2
- Etching, drypoint and mezzotint on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 14 7/8 inches (27.5 x 37.8 cm), Plate: 8 11/16 x 12 5/16 inches (22.1 x 31.2 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 11 3/8 inches (20 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No 18"; lower left: "3210" (encircled); lower right: "<53 5x>"
Marked in black ink, lower left: "Et. 2773" stamped
Lettered lower left to lower right below image within plate marks: "Drawn, Etched, Engraved, and Printed by | Francis Seymour Haden May 11 1880 | Harlech"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | architectural subject | castle | cliffs | clouds | dark | goats | grazing | hills | landscape | light | meteorology | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sheep | smoke | steam | towers | weather
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | Gwynedd | Harlech | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.