Harlech, no. 2
- Etching, drypoint and mezzotint on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 14 7/8 inches (27.5 x 37.8 cm), Plate: 8 11/16 x 12 5/16 inches (22.1 x 31.2 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 11 3/8 inches (20 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No 18"; lower left: "3210" (encircled); lower right: "<53 5x>"
Marked in black ink, lower left: "Et. 2773" stamped
Lettered lower left to lower right below image within plate marks: "Drawn, Etched, Engraved, and Printed by | Francis Seymour Haden May 11 1880 | Harlech"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | architectural subject | castle | cliffs | clouds | dark | goats | grazing | hills | landscape | light | meteorology | river | rocks (landforms) | science | sheep | smoke | steam | towers | weather
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | Gwynedd | Harlech | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.