The Brook, Winter
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 11 15/16 inches (22.2 x 30.3 cm), Plate: 6 1/4 x 9 7/16 inches (15.9 x 24 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 9 7/16 inches (15.9 x 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "5 (circled)"; upper right: "5 (circled)"; lower left: "5 (circled)"; lower center: "order #13353 The Brook - Winter Mr 1055 (boxed)"; lower right: "5 (circled)"; on back, lower left: "6941-2"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"; marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "5388 (crossed out in graphite)"; marked in blue ink, lower center, stamp: "2863"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "W | LH | c (circled)"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brook | cold | frozen | house | hut | ice | landscape | lonely | snow | stream | trees | winter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.