IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, In the Garden, 1920
In the Garden
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 10 1/8 inches (34.8 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 7 inches (22.2 x 17.8 cm), Image: 8 3/4 x 7 inches (22.2 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "In the Garden"
Artist's stamp: William Lee Hankey (Lugt 2637a)
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | child | daughter | embracing | family | flowers (plants) | garden | genre subject | girl | houses | mother | park (grounds) | playing | ribbons | shade | smiling | stripes | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.