- In the Garden
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 10 1/8 inches (34.8 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 7 inches (22.2 x 17.8 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 inches (22.2 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "In the Garden"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "W | LH | c (circled)"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | child | daughter | embracing | family | flowers (plants) | garden | genre subject | girl | houses | mother | park (grounds) | playing | ribbons | shade | smiling | stripes | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, In the Garden, 1920
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.