IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, A Lancashire River, 1881
A Lancashire River
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 21 3/4 inches (39.4 x 55.2 cm), Plate: 10 15/16 x 15 7/8 inches (27.8 x 40.4 cm), Image: 10 15/16 x 15 7/8 inches (27.8 x 40.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "No 51 Lancashire River"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H.215D | 51.16.56"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H Trial [?2]"
Watermark, upper left to center left on back (when read the correct way around): "AN 1882 | B" ("AN" is likely to be short for "WHATMAN", the rest of which is cropped off the edge of the sheet)
Lettered lower right within image: "Seymour Haden 1881"
Signed in graphite, lower left below image: "Seymour Haden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Mrs. Howard Mansfield
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | banks | boats | cattle | cliffs | clouds | cows | drinking | food | hills | landscape | oxen | posts | reflections | river | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lancashire | Ribble | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.