- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (14 × 22.2 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 × 7 7/8 inches (14 × 20 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, lower left: "Originally published in "The Copper Plate Magazine".
Lettered, upper left: "The itinerant"; lettered, upper right: "YORKSHIRE"; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J.Walker from an Original Drawing by Wm. Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Aug.1st;1798 by j.Walker No.16 Rosomans Street, London. | SHEFFIELD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | city | clouds | cottage | distant view | fence | hill | horse | horseback riding | landscape | man | path | spire | steeple | town | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Sheffield | Sheffield | Sheffield Cathedral | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.