IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, South View of Christ Church, etc., From the Meadows.., 1799
South View of Christ Church, etc., From the Meadows...
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 18 3/8 inches (33.7 × 46.7 cm), Image: 12 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (31.8 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 38 | Christ church from the Meadows"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Christ Church from the Meadows | Oxford Almanac for 1799"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by William Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | cart | college | distant view | landscape | man | meadow | pole | punt | reflection | river | sailboat | ship | spire | tower | university | woman
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Thames | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.