- South View of Christ Church from the Meadows
- Etching with line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 18 3/8 inches (33.7 × 46.7 cm) and Image: 12 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (31.8 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Christ church from the Meadows"; inscribed in graphite, on verso, lower left: "Christ Church from the Meadows | Oxford Almanac for 1799"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by William Turner | Engraved by James Basire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | cart | college | distant view | landscape | man | meadow | pole | punt | reflection | river | sailboat | ship | spire | tower | university | woman
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Thames | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, South View of Christ Church from the Meadows, 1799-1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.