A View of the Chapel and Hall of Oriel College
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 18 3/8 inches (32.4 × 46.7 cm) and Image: 12 × 17 7/8 inches (30.5 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, lower center: "A View of the Chapel + Hall of Oriel College | Oxford Almanac for 1801"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by Wm.Turner A."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by James Basire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | basket | chapel | college | dog | Gothic | greyhound | man | Medieval | niche | sculpture | steps | tower | university
- Associated Places:
- England | Oriel College | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, A View of the Chapel and Hall of Oriel College, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.