Crypt in Kirkstall Abbey, Yorkshire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 10 11/16 inches (20.6 × 27.1 cm) and Image: 5 9/16 × 8 1/16 inches (14.1 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.82"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Turner - J. Scott"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Britton's Architectural Antiquities 1814"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved by John Scott, from a Drawing by J.M.W.Turner Esq.R.A. in the possession of John Soane, Esq. Architect F.S.A. &c &c. | CRYPT, IN | KIRKSTALL ABBEY, | YORKSHIRE. | To WALTER FAWKES, ESQ. of Farnley Hall, an admirer & Patron of the Fine Arts & Literature, this Plate is inscribed by J:Britton. | London: Published May 1,1814, by Longman & Co.Paternoster Row. | Printed by Bishop."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | religious and mythological subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Scott, 1774–1828, British, Crypt in Kirkstall Abbey, Yorkshire, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.