George Vertue, Engraver
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 5 9/16 inches (18.5 x 14.2 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 3/16 inches (17.5 x 13.2 cm), and Image: 5 3/16 x 4 1/2 inches (13.2 x 11.5 cm)
Lettered, upper right, "Vol.IV.P.n9"; lower left under image: "Richardson pinx"; lower center: "GEORGE VERTUE, Engraver, | AEtat.L.Ann. MDCCXXXVIII."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cap | cravat | engraver (printmaker) | gaze | man | oval | portrait | posing | robes
- Associated People:
- Vertue, George (1684–1756), engraver and antiquary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, George Vertue, Engraver, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.